Thursday 19 December 2019

Enjoy the Festives,,, we all deserve a break from whatever.

Well this makes a refreshing change,,, I actually have some modelling to witter on about.

The L1 Zeppelin/Crab has seen a definite flurry of activity over the last week,,,,, so just take a look at this little collection!!!
The cab now has a floor plate and internal steps and is permanently fixed to the footplate.

With my chest resembling a prize fighting budgie & being so flushed with success I set about the basic shell of the firebox,,, which went rather well and so I  decided to see if all my dimensions were accurate and had a quick BluTac session to see if it all go's where it should do,,, and it does.


This modelling lark is good fun and much more productive than boring you to death with pictures borrowed from the Salmon Pastures archive.

With the buttons nearly popping on my official solderer's waistcoat I quickly set about looking at the boiler,,,, hopefully tomorrow will see another BluTac session of the complete steamy ensemble,,, firebox,,, boiler and smokebox,,,,, it would be a shame to get this far to find  I've lost/gained about 10mm from somewhere/nowhere,,, it happens,,, especially when you have the attention span of a goldfish when you are marking out the important bits,, I don't like marking out,, it reminds me too much of school and I miss those memory's like I miss toothache.


I have decided I will have to play Bix Beiderbeck more often,,, I've been swinging along to his jolly music all day and so far nothing has gone catastrophically wrong,,, and it's unlikely to now as I am about to get seriously horizontal.

Today was the end of term and "we" usually celebrate the end of term in time honoured fashion,,, it was lovely and very cooling,,, followed by a nice piece of cod and chips,,, perhaps that should have been in the last post,,, anyway as the whole world appears to be getting festive,,, I will leave you with this,,,,,, WHAT A CRACKER,,

This is Ronnie Sparks,,, aka,, The Human Firework,, when life gets too much our Ronnie has a unique way of cheering himself up,,, he gets his assistant to light up his firework suit and he then just runs and leaps around fully alight cheering not only himself but everybody else up,,,, he seems to be particularly popular round licensed premises usually after 9pm.

If you want him for your festive season merriment he lives at No 6 Fiddle Hill,, and his prices are very reasonable indeed,,,, as they say in the firework industry,, "well done Ronnie,, strike a light"

Indeed,,, I don't know why is the UK supposed to be famous for it's exce/eccend/accen/ weird people.

No comments: